"How'd you get that cookie!?"


Colt has been painting lately and I've been watching these little joys leave the house.  I want to hang them all over the walls but, such is the frustration of the partner of the artist - I get a snapshot to remember them by as they are sold sold sold.  Good news!  But bad news.


I've been off work for the past three weeks and Lane has loved every second of it.  He's driven me in all sorts of emotional directions.  He's also picked up on lots of new words and sentences with the application of my 24/7 attention.  A few of them are:  "Are you frustrated?"  "Oh my goodness me"  "I don't know where it is!" "Chocolate"  "How'd you get that cookie?"  and many others.

He's also started to express his own bright thoughts within his limited vocabulary.  We sing this little song e.g.: "I'm a cow, I'm a cow, I'm a cow, MOOO".  Today, without ever hearing it before, he sang "I'm a slide, I'm a slide, I'm a slide, weeeee" and then "I'm a bicycle....whoosh whoosh."  AND!  Last night he said, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, gimme something good to eat" and I immediately looked at Colt and said, "Did you teach him that?" to which he responded, "No!  He just knows everything."


I've been so relaxed and so poor this month and that's all saying something about how stress and money are both things I don't need a lot of.  I know both of these things are coming again soon though, so I'm trying to enjoy my day-to-day and revel in how NICE it feels to have low-lying shoulder blades and lots of oxygen in my lungs.


Comments

Popular Posts