Distance has a way of making love understandable


I've really been somewhere else with the loss of Alan.  Death is the greatest equalizer and in it's wake I find so much mental clarity,

I've gotten used to what it feels like to lose people over the last three years, but I was just getting comfortable again, what with Lane being born and watching him grow.  I was disillusioned yet again about time.  Remember, remember, we are all electricity.  Dying is the truest act in the universe.

Alan and my Dad had something in common:  they wanted me on stage.  With this loss, I'm pursuing an opportunity to get me back there.  My body doesn't feel the same when I move it, I've said this before....but I'm done worrying about it.  It's time.


Lane charmed Dr. K this week.  The nurses were blown away by how long he is, saying he looks like a one year old.  He was just being a golden child, smiles and socially sweet, flirting with the nurse all the way until she stuck a huge needle in his leg.  Dr. K said he's looking great.  Said "I'll see you when he's one year old."  I almost started crying right there.

Here's a fact: by the time this posts, I'll be getting my hair done, sitting for hours - hopefully with a glass of wine - and lightening up for the rest of the summer.  

Kiss the people you love.  Do it right now.  Right.now.
I'm kissing on a one-and-a half-toothed boy...


Comments

  1. Interesting post and nice photo. I love it very much. Thanks for your sharing. I am sure I will recommend your blog to all of my friend. At the same I will like to invite you to visit my blog at http://1newbornbabyclothing.blogspot.com/ which share all the happiness and sadness with you. Also there are many useful information about baby things. Hope you will enjoy it. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    http://www.1newbornbabyclothing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! that picture of you, lane, and the pisa pieces is STUNNING

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts